The 5 Best Ballet Shoes for Adults 2023: Review with Pictures
In this article, we’re going to show you the best ballet shoes for adults. The following ballet slippers are highly rated for things like quality, comfort, and price. Many of them are made by companies that ballet dancers have trusted for years. In fact, some of these shoes have been around for decades. Other brands are newer to the game, but they bring some impressive new features to the market.
All footwear for ballet should be flexible, comfortable, and allow the feet to do different movements without causing pain or injuries to the feet. When looking for the best ballet shoes, you should give importance to the materials used, design, how the shoes look, durability, and comfort.
If you want, you can also look at a guide about how to choose your ballet shoes.
Which are the best ballet shoes for adults?
The answer to these questions might come down to your own personal preference and you might just have to try a couple of pairs to find what you like. Below we have made a shortlist of our top ballet shoes that you might want to try.
Bloch Dance Women's Pro Elastic Canvas Split Sole Ballet Shoe/SlipperView on Amazon UK
This is a canvas split sole ballet flat with elastic in place of binding and drawstring. What is more, these shoes feature already sewn elastics bands over the instep for immediate wear.
On the other hand, this product is very comfortable and fits perfectly. The elasticated contours to the foot reduce pressure on the Achilles tendon and the dorsal surface of the foot when it contacts the floor. Moreover, the well-padded forefoot outsole protects your metatarsals. Besides, they haven’t ridges that could cause bruising when your weight is bearing on your forefoot. Last but not least, they have a triangle canvas arch insert that hugs the foot when you’re pointing.
The manufacturer recommends you start with 2 sizes down from street shoes. To sum up, these ballet shoes are for you if you aren’t a beginner or you want something flexible.
- Comfortable: These ballet shoes are very flexible. They are perfect for narrow feet. Also, the elasticated mesh bottoms create a beautiful arch.
- Perfect fit: These ballet shoes are stretch. But be careful to measure the length of your feet before purchasing. This is crucial when you’re choosing dance shoes.
- No shoelaces: They are very practical because you don’t have to tighten them with a drawstring
- They have bulges: They have an unsightly bulge of fabric that sticks out from the heel. So, they may not look as well as other products.
- Hard to find size: Some dancers complained it was difficult to find the right shoe size.
Capezio Women's FF01 Freeform Ballet ShoeView on Amazon UK
These ballet flats are constructed with soft, durable leather and Nylon/Lycra spandex, so they fit perfectly. With split sole suede sole patches contoured and cushioned, these shoes are very comfy. Also, the plush elastic topline keeps the shoe from gapping while articulating the foot.
What is more, no drawstring or adjustment is required. Without a doubt, these ballet flats are one of the most comfortable and flexible shoes we’ve ever tried! Finally, these shoe slippers are ideal not only for ballet but also for jazz and contemporary dance. And the shoe’s sizing is equivalent to street shoe size.
|Slip sole||Suede / Mesh arch|
|Shoe Width||Medium womens_us|
- Perfect fit: They re made from a stretching material. So, these shoes fit your feet like a glove.
- Great look: These ballet slippers have an extremely original design and they look amazing.
- Comfortable: They are flexible and lightweight.
- Short-lived: The leather is quite thin. So, they aren’t long-lasting.
Bloch Women's Dansoft Dance Shoe, (8.5 M) USView on Amazon UK
These shoes are a BLOCH bestsellers! They are especially ideal for adults beginners. At first, these leather ballet slippers feature a full sole and tapered toe. Also, they are very practical. They have the elastic already sewn over the step for immediate wear.
What is more, they fit perfectly. These ballet shoes are available in 5 different widths. So, you always will find the right size for you. They also feature a drawstring to adjust the shoes to your feet.
Still not convinced? Bloch has used the best premium leather to make these ballet slippers. So, this ensures a resistant and long-lasting product.
|Elastic||Pre-sewn elastic over instep|
- Comfortable: Flexible soles that prevent you from sliding
- Beautiful: These classic ballet shoes are delicate and look amazing.
- High-quality: These shoes are long-lasting. And their real soft leather material always keeps them clean. So, they don’t dirty as much as canvas shoes.
- Perfect fit: Bloch Dansoft is going in 5 different widths and has elastic shoelaces.
- Thin soles: The shoe soles aren’t thick. So, they may not provide the support you need.
Bezioner Ballet Dance Shoes Split Sole Flat Gymnastics Dancing SlippersView on Amazon UK
Bezioner canvas ballet shoes are perfect both for kids and adults. Then, this product features a non-slip split sole that prevents you from slipping. And it gives you more comfort than other similar items. Next, they have a soft, breathable canvas upper. So, these shoes are lightweight and durable.
On the other hand, they tighten to your feet with an elasticated cross-strap. This elastic is already sewn, but you can get them on and off very easily. Lastly, this product is suitable not only for ballet but also for yoga and pilates. The manufacturer recommends choosing one size larger than your street shoe.
|Heel Height||0.5 centimetres|
|Colours||Pink, light pink and black|
- Cheap and cheerful: This product is much cheaper than other similar in the market. Also, these are long-lasting and of excellent quality. So, these shoes are amazing value for money.
- Comfortable: The leather padding leather is well made with good quality stitching
- Perfect fit: Their soft canvas stretches well and adapts easily to your feet.
- Tight strings: Some dancers have found the elastic band so tight. Perhaps you need to get it off and sew it on again.
Soudittur Ballet Shoes Canvas Split Sole Dance SlippersView more
At first, these are canvas ballet shoes with lining in cotton fibre. Also, these classic ballet slippers have a drawstring topline and attached elastic strap for perfect support. These ballet shoes are very comfortable. They are lightweight and long-lasting. Besides, they feature an anti-slip split sole that prevents you from sliding.
After that, these slippers are perfect for ballet, jazz, gymnastics, yoga, modern dance or ballroom dance. On the other hand, we want to tell you that Soudittur is a worldwide company that makes ballet dance products for dancers. They are experts in manufacturing high-quality ballet shoes. Finally, the makers suggest choosing your shoe size according to your feet length.
|Sole||Anti-Slip split leather sole|
|Elastic||Crossed (already sewn) elastic strap|
|Colours||Black, pink, beige, white|
|Size||EU 21-EU 44|
- Comfortable: These shoes fit well without being tight. And they are easily adjustable by tightening the shoelaces.
- Long-lasting: These shoes are high quality, so they are durable and resistant.
- Great value for money
- Don’t look good: The disadvantage of these slippers is the leather is pleated and sewn on at the front at the tip. A drape is automatically created that doesn’t reflect the shape of your feet. So, these slippers don’t help a good line and don’t look great. If you value a beautiful foot shape, don’t buy these shoes.
Similar Products: STELLE Canvas Ballet Slipper
- Perfect fit
- No shoelaces
- They have bulges
- Hard to find size
- Perfect fit
- Great look
- Perfect fit
- Thin soles
- Cheap and cheerful
- Perfect fit
- Tight strings
- Great value for money
- Don’t look good
The top ballet shoe (in our humble opinion) is the Capezio FF01. These shoes are the comfiest we’ve ever worn. We’ve fallen in love with them because they have a really perfect fit. Besides, they are so flexible. And you can move your feet very easily (but we don’t recommend them for beginners). However, maybe you have to try many ballet shoes until you can find the right for you.
Whether you are a beginner or have been dancing for many years, there’s a perfect ballet slipper to fit every need. When shopping for ballet shoes, be sure to consider the types of exercises you plan on doing, your foot shape, and your budget. By using this list as a guide, we’re confident you’ll find the right pair of ballet slippers to keep you safe and comfortable at the dance class.