In this article, we’re going to offer you some recommendations to buy the best ballet shoes for girls. We believe having the right ballet slipper is key to keeping your kid’s feet comfortable and safe.
Table of Contents
Which are the best ballet shoes for girls?
We rounded up the best ballet shoes using the following criteria:
Recommendations: All of the products below are highly recommended by experts and enthusiasts. We also read countless online reviews for any potential cons.
Features: We looked for shoes specially designed for their intended use — paying close attention to quality and comfort.
Price: We included ballet slippers at a variety of price points.
Keep reading to see our picks of the 5 ballet shoes for girls.
Bloch S0209 Arise Leather Ballet Shoe BlackView on Amazon UK
The Bloch Arise is a classic beginners ballet shoe with a full sole, which is ideal for children or adults starting ballet. It’s made with a soft leather upper and full leather sole. This is really a must-have shoe for children starting ballet! Elastics are already sewn into the shoe and come with a drawstring cord that enables you to fit the shoe snugly to the foot and finishes in a neat bow. Then, your children can wear these shoes immediately!
Also, the Arise is available in different width fittings, C – which is for a standard width fitting and B for a narrower fit. So, they always fit perfectly. Lastly, they are very comfy, and the quality is excellent! Remember to buy at least one size larger than the street shoe size for the best fit. For example, if your street shoe size is 5, please order ballet shoe size 5.
|Sole||Soft leather upper & full suede sole|
|Elastics||Cotton lining & pre-sewn instep elastics|
|Material Composition||Leather Upper, Full Suede Sole|
|Sizes||8 Small to 8.5 Large, including ½ sizes. Fittings B = Narrow C = Medium|
|Colours||Available in pink, white and black|
- High quality: They are made from premium soft leather
- Elastics already sewed: So, your kids can wear them immediately after purchase.
- Perfect fit: These shoes are accessible in three different widths. Then, they’ll adapt to your feet perfectly.
- Hard to find size: Some reviewers complain that they couldn’t find a shoe size that fits well.
Similar product: BLOCH Girls Dance Bunnyhop Full Sole Leather Ballet
Soudittur Ballet Shoes Girls Dance Slippers CanvasView on Amazon UK
Soudittur is a global brand that manufactures ballet products for dancers.
These are split sole canvas ballet shoes with pre-sewn elastic and a drawstring top line to provide a perfect fit. Besides, these comfortable and lightweight ballet slippers are perfect for kids and adults. What is more, these shoes are suitable for ballet dance, jazz, gymnastics, yoga, modern dance, ballroom dance and dance training.
On the other hand, they have a non-slip leather sole. What is more, they are fully washable by hand or machine because they don’t fade. Remember to choose the shoe size according to your foot length.
|Sole||Split Leather Sole|
- Best quality/price ratio: These shoes are very well made. And their fabric is high-quality cotton, sweat-absorbing and breathable.
- Perfect fit: Thanks to their elastic string, these shoes are easy to adjust
- Bag included: They include a little zipped carrier bag, perfect for putting them away after the class.
- Too wide: They aren’t going in different widths. So, these ballet shoes may not fit well narrow feet.
Bezioner Ballet Shoes Leather Ballet Flats Full SoleView on Amazon UK
Bezioner is a dance products manufacturing and designing company. They offer, for example, ballet shoes, pointe shoes, dance tights, dance dresses and so on.
These elegant ballet shoes have a full leather sole, anti-slip and long-lasting. Besides, they are extremely comfortable to wear. Also, they are made of breathable and soft cotton. And its elastic drawstring and elastic band ensure you a perfect fit.
On the other hand, they´re available in three colours: pink, black and beige. So, they go well with any of your leotards and skirts. What is more, these ballet slippers aren’t ideal not only for ballet but also for jazz, gymnastics, yoga, modern dance, ballroom dance, dance training, etc.
Are these ballet shoes durable? Of course, they are made of high-quality materials. But you have to take care of them properly. The manufacturer recommends hand washing and not exposing them to the sun.
|Size||4.5 UK Child to 13.5 UK Child for unisex kids,1 UK to 6.5 UK for unisex adults|
|Sole||Full leather sole|
|Heel Height||0.5 centimetres|
- Steady: Thanks to its elastic drawstring and band, they are very secure. They provide the best support to your feet.
- Elegant: They look nice and lovely.
- Perfect fit: You can easily adjust them with their elastic drawstring
- Very comfortable: These shoes are non-slipped and well padded.
- Not real leather: They are made from a leather imitation (polyurethane)
Dance Class Unisex-Child Olivia One-Piece Ballet Flat
STELLE Girls Premium Authentic Leather Ballet Shoes Slippers for Kids Toddler
Freed of London Girl’s Aspire Dance Shoe
Capezio 2035c Girl's Love BalletView on Amazon UK
These ballet shoes are designed and engineered to grow with the child and give them an updated look with a more mature feel. Soft leather upper with a power mesh growth packet, soft elastic binding and adjustable instep straps all works together so every child can learn to love ballet. The hybrid sole design features a two-part suede sole, which allows the shoe to function as both a full sole and split sole. Also, these shoes have flirty print cotton lining featuring hearts, flowers, butterflies, and ladybugs. No drawstring, so they’ll never stop practising because they need to tie their shoelaces. In short, these ballet flats are very well made, durable, and they stretch easily to accommodate growing feet while still holding the foot firmly in the shoe. So, these are the absolute best ballet shoe for small girls.
|Heel Height||0.25 inches|
|Material Composition||100% Polyester|
- Beautiful and original: The original heart button details are lovely. They are perfect for girls.
- Long-lasting: They are made from premium materials. So, they’ll hold up very well for more than one season.
- Perfect fit: It’s very easy to find your right size because it’s equivalent to the street shoe size.
- No shoelaces: This makes these ballet shoes very practical because children won’t stop dancing to tie their drawstrings.
- Comfortable: These ballet slippers are made from stretch materials, that adapt easily to growing feet.
- Extra buttons not included: Their buttons pop off easily. So, they should include a pair of extra buttons.
Similar Product: Capezio Girls’ Juliet Ballet Shoe
Soudittur Girls Satin Ballet Slippers Split SoleView on Amazon UK
This is a satin full sole shoe with pre-sewn elastic. Your kids’ feet will look beautiful with these elegant satin ballet flats. They are available in two colours: light pink and beige.
Besides, these ballet shoes are comfortable and lightweight. And they are made from a breathable material. On the other hand, they have a non-slip leather sole. They are perfect not only for dance but also for yoga and gymnastics.
If you want to use these ballet slippers for a long time, remember not to wash them. So, the maker recommends cleaning them with a damp cloth.
|Heel Height||0.2 centimetres|
- Anti-slip soles: The reinforced anti-slip soles are very steady and give a firm grip on the ground.
- Elegant: These satin shoes are lovely and look great.
- Comfortable: These ballet shoes fit very well and hold and stay in place
- Too wide: These ballets shoes aren’t available in different widths. So, if your daughter has narrow feet, these shoes aren’t for her.
Similar Product: Lily’s Locker – Ballet Shoes for Toddler Little Kids and Girls Split-Sole Satin Dance Slipper
- High quality
- Elastics already sewed
- Perfect fit
- Hard to find size
- Best quality/price ratio
- Perfect fit
- Bag included
- Too wide
- Perfect fit
- Very comfortable
- Not real leather
- Beautiful and original
- Perfect fit
- No shoelaces
- Extra buttons not included
- Anti-slip soles
- Too wide
We hope that this guide has been helpful and you are now clear about which shoe to buy. The most important is to buy quality items that help your kids in their ballet practice.
However, once you have chosen the right shoes, it doesn’t mean that they are the perfect shoes. It may even be that despite having spent time choosing them conscientiously, they aren’t really comfortable for your kid. It will be necessary to use them and perfect the choice with the passage of time, the changes in the foot and the technique that the dancer will experience.